Venus, the closest planet to the Earth, has also been a subject of interest. Scientists have been studying our solar system to find planets that have a composition similar to that of Earth. Imagine a planet away from Earth where there is life, water and people. The universe has been a matter of subject for various reasons. We are curious to know how this universe evolved. Is there life somewhere else as well? Can a human live on another planet to?
All these questions can only be answered through proofs and strong studies. Mars and Venus are two planets that have always attracted scientists. It is believed that Mars once had oceans, which now have frozen and similarly, it is believed life existed (or still exists) on the Venus. Alien hunters Mundodesconocido released images (sometime back) showing the presence of society or communities on the planet. The images released by them showed elevated surfaces resembling tall buildings. The atmosphere of Venus is not conducive to life, however, it is believed that life could exist 30 miles up in the cloud as the atmosphere on the cloud is similar to that of the Earth. Various theories have claimed of unfolding mysteries behind the Venus planet. Here is a list of mysteries behind Venus clouds that everyone should know:
- Dense But Colder Clouds: The clouds floating on the Venus planet are around 20-km thick and are approximately 30 miles up. The temperature of the clouds is completely opposite to that of on the surface. Venus is said to the hottest planet with temperatures being around 200 degree Celsius, while the temperature of the clouds is -70 degree Celsius.
- Extremely Windy Clouds: The winds on the clouds blow hundreds of times stronger than that of the surface. The spinning speed of the winds is also much faster than the rotation of the planet. The wind on the surface of the planet blow at a speed of a few kilometers per hour.
- Venus Cloud Warning To Earth’s Climate: Presence of sulfur dioxide layer on the cloud is a warning sign to the planned efforts of mitigating climate change on the planet. The scientists have been planning to induce sulfur dioxide on the cloud to reduce the adverse impact of global warming. Usually, solar radiation destroys sulfur dioxide, the presence of the chemical on the Venus cloud has put the scientists in doubt.
- Life On Venus Clouds: The atmospheric conditions of the planet’s cloud have made some astrobiologists to brood over the existence of life in the clouds. Venus is the only planet that has composition and structure similar to that of Earth. The hellish planet’s cloud has free oxygen, temperature and pressure similar to that on Earth. It has also been found that the clouds observe lots of ultraviolet than they should.
- Rich Source of OCS: Among various gasses, the clouds on the Venus planet has carbonyl sulfide (OCS), which is difficult to create on Earth. The chemical indicates biological activities.
- Mysteries Cloud Particles: The planet’s cloud has the mode 3 cloud particles – they are large, non-spherical and contain lots of sulfuric acids. The structure of the cloud highlights the possibility of life on the clouds, which is yet to be discovered.
- Volcanoes on the Planet: The surface of the planet is covered with lava flows. A recent study revealed that the planet still has active volcanoes. The planet once had many active volcanoes, but now has only a few of them.
- Y-shaped cloud: The top most layer of the cloud on the planet has some dark V or Y-shaped band. These bands were once believed to sulfuric acid, but a recent study states that these bands are actually liquid droplets. Scientists have been observing the dark spot since 1929.
Scientists keep investigating the peculiar nature, climate and structure of the Venus life, but have not been able to find life on the planet so far. The planet is extremely hot, making it hard for scientists to send any space shuttle to the planet. So far, all the revelation about the plant has come from Russia. The hottest planet of the solar system has always attracted researchers and scientists as it is the closest planet and has a composition similar to that of Earth. Venus is said to be the sister planet of Earth, which has again attracted many to it. The mysteries behind the planet will continue to be revealed. It is believed that the findings or investigations on the planet will ultimately help scientists in finding concrete solutions to the growing menace of global warming and if life can exist on the planet.