When was the last time you had the chance to get a sound sleep? Was it many days or months ago? You can enjoy a good sleep if you read this article and implement some of its suggestions. Ditching sleepwear can get you better sleep. This is not just a general assumption, rather a fact that has been scientifically proven. According to a 2008 study, a slight increase in body temperature can lead to poor sleep. A person who sleeps naked is more likely to have improved metabolism, blood circulation, sex life, sperm quality and balanced hormones. Following are the benefits of sleeping naked:
- Improved metabolism: Brown fat that regulates body temperature is activated when body temperature is low. Sleeping naked lowers the body temperature and activates brown fat, which leads to faster resting metabolism rates, higher insulin sensitivity and better blood sugar control.
- Improved blood circulation: Sleeping naked enhances blood flow, especially to the heart and muscles while relaxing the body.
- Healthier skin and private parts: Our skin is home of numerous microorganisms that thrive in the warm and wet area. Sleeping naked frees our skin and private parts from these organism providing healthier skin.
- Improved sperm quality: Sleeping naked has some particular advantages for men. Sperm quality enhances in temperature that is lower than the core body temperature. This means sleeping without underwear a man can improve the quality of his sperms making himself more fertile.
- Improved sex life: A hormone called oxytocin is released when skin contact with a skin. This hormone is necessary for bonding. The hormone encourages the feelings of closeness and attachment. Therefore, sleeping naked improves one’s private life by making a person more intimate at the time of intercourse.
- Balancing hormones: Sleeping naked impacts a range of hormones by bringing balance in them and promoting sound sleep. Sleeping naked lowers cortisol hormone, balances melatonin and increases growth hormone. This in turn reduces anxiety and stress leading to sound sleeping.
A sound sleep is necessary for the overall health of a person. A restless body is less competent and fails to meet the daily challenges of life. Although naked sleeping can get you sound sleep, it is not the only way of getting the proper rest. There are many other methods that can be adopted for a good night’s sleep. Here are some of them:
- Regular routine: One of the causes behind disturbed sleep is irregular routine. Set a time for the good night sleep and make sure that you follow it. Having a fixed time will make you drift to sleep on regular basis.
- Limit Day time nap: Taking long naps in day time also leads to poor sleep at night. We need a proper sleep at night. If we take long naps in the day time, chances are we will be rolling on bed for sleep at night. You won’t feel sleep if you have taken sleep more than what your body requires.
- Avoid stress in the evening: Tensions and stress at night can significantly hamper your sleep. Stress in the evening is often carried forwarded to bed, which in turn can lead to sleepless nights. All the work or talks that cause you to worry should be avoided in the evening. Deal with them when you have energy.
- Optimize your room: Our surroundings play vital role when it comes to rest and relaxing. Make sure that your room is not cluttered. We sleep to rejuvenate our body and mind. Sleeping in a cluttered room will only make us feel bad and we won’t be able to get the most required sleep.
- Dinner and Bed Time Gap: Ensure a gap of at least two hours between bedtime and dinner. If you consume alcohol, try to maintain a gap of at least four-six hours. Caffeine intake should also be avoided at night.
- Hot Milk: Having a glass of hot milk before going to bed can also help you get the much needed sleep.
The aforementioned are some of the tested and proven ways of better sleeping. Naked sleeping, as stated before, is good for the overall wellbeing of a person. Try taking off the pajamas and tees at night and experience the freedom that it will bring. It is easier to move around the bed with the sleepwear. Try ditching sleepwear at least once and if you don’t like it, you can always put on the clothes. There is no harm in trying.